This past week was a lot of reading and TED talks watching. I am making the digest a bit more than six items as an exception, as I wanted to share more of the goodness I found.
- In this moving talk, McGonigal explains how a game can boost resilience — and promises to add 7.5 minutes to your life. A wonderful, wonderful talk totally worth your 19 minutes.
- 50 Ways Happier, Healthier, And More Successful People Live On Their Own Terms. While I personally don't agree 100% with some of the advice offered, it's a really useful and practical article about how to improve your own life. Some of the tips even made my 2016 goals list.
- Curiosity > Passion. Wonderful interview with Elizabeth Gilbert on creativity. Btw, she has a new book, which is already on my to-read list.
- The web after 7 years in prison. Hossein Derakhshan was a key blogger in Iran who was jailed in 2008 for his writing. He was recently released and has an interesting take on the new web world he has entered. (via)
- The body shapes of dancers by the outstanding Howard Schatz. Btw, his whole human body work is absolutely stunning.
- Ashtanga yoga. Stunning. And this guy is not human. Thanks, Lora!
- Stretching anatomy.
- Who wouldn't want this this lunch bag and this lunch box?
- Milo is an interior lamp which was created to show, how to slow down in daily noise and in a welter of duties. Totally wishlisted.
Have a wonderful first work week everyone!
Featured and front cover image via
I love Elizabeth Gilbert, and this interview is awesome! Thanks for sharing it, Tina 🙂