Dear 2017, you've been great to me.
I Finally Started to Let Go
- I let go of the place I called home which I built with so much energy, passion and love. Selling your home is not easy, but then again - there's way more meaningful things to get attached to. Concrete walls is definitely not one of them.
- I also let go of the job I've been super passionate about for more than 10 years. Leaving people I call friends was not an easy decision to make, but I am glad that I singed up for the change. I am even more glad that those friends are still friends. Some of them even closer ones. Change is hard, but good.
- I let go of the control over my brother's life and illness and just accepted that whatever needs to happen will happen. I learned to prepare for the worst and accept it.
I Learned That Finding Your Why Takes Time & Patience
- When I left SiteGround, I didn't really know what I wanted to do next. I was secretly hoping that the next thing would somehow miraculously appear to me soon. Very soon. Well, that didn't happen. At one point I realized that I was going on a self-searching journey which was going to take a bit more time. This was one of the biggest tests for my patience, or the lack of such thereof. I am glad that I managed to remain with an open mind, allow myself the time to experiment, work on different ideas, client projects, friend's projects, side projects and embrace the learning. In the end, you somehow connect all the dots. I connected mine and am quite excited on what's going to come next. More on that in 2018.
I Challenged My Fears and Beliefs
- I've been afraid of the mountain, the heights and hated the cold. This year I learned to snowboard. And I love it. 🏂
- I've been terrified from the deep blue after 3 serious (unintentional) drowning attempts. I learned to windsurf and did kayaking. And I love it. 🏄
- I've always thought that I am not that kind of spiritual person and I could never rest my restless mind. This year I started practicing yoga and meditation. And I love it. 🙏
- I've always thought that working out consistently isn't possible, although I've been doing strength and conditioning workouts for more than 7 years now on and off. This year is the first time I've been exercising 3+ times a week, for 6 months now, without any breaks. The secret - I said yes to coaching my incredible friend and ex-colleague Svetla on her weight loss journey and she has been an amazing motivation for me to keep going. 🏋
- I've always thought that I would never be able to do pull-ups. This year I learned to do 1 clean, slow and controlled pull up. And 3 series of 5 negative pull ups. 💪🏻
- I've always felt as if I wasn't cool enough to attend those cool, hip festivals. This year I attended 4. 🎉
- I've always over-planned and overthought things - projects, goals, tasks, everything. This year I started 3 new side projects, pretty much spontaneously. No planning, no research. 1, 2, 3.
Dear 2017, this is all great, but none of it would happen, if it wasn't for the most amazing person that I met. And that's what I would like to thank you for the most! ❤️